View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,949
Wicked Turn your KTM950 into AWD in 3,4,5,??? easy steps

This project has been hidden away from public view for some time now, over 1 year. So it may have slipped out to a few friends or anyone stopping by the shop that may have caught a glimpse of something odd.

I'm sure the neighbors have been wondering why the lights are still on at 4am???

My opinions on AWD have been stated before and this build report will try and start from the beginning. I'd like to try and document this the best I can. I may get long winded from time to time, so bear w/ me as I try my best to get this out.

The building of an AWD KTM 950 ADV.

It all started here about 2 yrs ago:

http://www.christini.com/news.php

I spent countless hours reading old articles and test reports on Christini's AWD system.

Being a mechanically minded person, I liked how his system worked and the fact I could see the parts. Yes, there is alot of stuff going on, but it all has a purpose.

One of my good high school friends works at a local tool and die shop. I stopped in to say hi a few years ago and see this on the shop floor.

I've been in a few CNC shops over the years, but you don't run into cool stuff like this everyday. We get to talking about it and they actually helped produce parts for these bikes.

Up until now, I've only ever seen these in magazines.

So after a few pics...

I tried to get a time set up for a test ride.

A few weeks later....

It was so much fun. I'm not a fast rider, but I could tell it was helping me out and made riding so much more fun. Isn't that what it's all about?
Enjoying your riding time to the most.

cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote