View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,963
Well thanks guys. That's so kind.

So after this little test session the gears started to grind away in my head "How can I get this to work?" "Would it work?" "How long will this take me?"

In the end in knew I had to try. That's been a problem of mine for some time now. Once an idea gets stuck, it won't leave until I build it. That's why we have welders and CNC machines now. Not much you can't fix.

Around this time a good riding buddy of mine (Jeepboy), had an incident at his farm.

We had done several trips together and he was an early 950 lover.

Read more here.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380796

I headed down to take a look and see what his plans were. The bike was totaled and off to auction soon, no way I could buy it from him or the insurance comp. Some IL Rules.

A few months go by asking him if he knew what was up w/ his bike. I was now on the hunt for a 950 to use as a doner.

A few frames popped up in flea-market. I picked one up from James Renazco, the seat god. He had just parted a bike out and the frame was left. Perfect. This is a start, I thought. No way was I was going to let me 06' 950 sit apart while I build this. I need to ride.

Up on the bench it went to start looking, thinking, and drooling over.

cjracer screwed with this post 11-06-2010 at 08:24 PM
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote