View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #67
allonsye
("lets go!")

Oddometer: 860
Strom For Sale!!!!

Your narrative below could have been something I wrote (except I've been riding the GS for about a year now). The difference is, I've been unable to part with my Strom. It does everything I ask of it very well. I'm certain you'll find as I have, that in many if not all respects with the exception of the often chain maintenance, it's actually a more friendly bike to ride than the Beemer. There will come a time Mike when you'll be off road with the GS and find yourself wishing you were on the 100+lbs lighter Strom instead I hate to say.
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN
Thank you for all the kind comments.

I just recently purchased the GS (last weekend) to finally take the BMW plunge again (sold my RS)

I absoloutely love my Strom and have such a close bond with it. There were times on this trip that I would have much rather had the Strom in tricky spots with crazy wind than the GS. My only complaint with the vstrom is the chain drive. I would lube it often and adjust as necessary but when riding 1000mi days in the rain and dirt, it really becomes just one more thing for me to bother with. I was never at a loss for power (except above 10k) but the GS has always been my dream bike.

Enter now to buy my Strom from this trip. Shameless plug in FM below
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote