View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #160
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet)
So with the revised wiring almost complete (still debating on whether to fit an HID to the space above the stock headlight, as that will mean upgrading the stator and battery too), the bike really is starting to take shape again - and not a moment too soon as in two weeks, it'll be on it's way!
Jen, I had a major drama class with my HID light. Even with a rewound stator, the "rally" battery was pooped after about 3 hours when that bloody light was on. it also interfered with the power of the bike and even starting it; how I dont know. Anyway, I would suggest you stick to a nice halogen.

If you go the HID route, just make sure that the stator is actually charging the bike. I would go for a technical ride of 5-7 hours at least to make sure. If it wasnt for this bloody problem on mine I think I could have been a couple of hours faster, and one off less at least!

Im interested to see what you decide.

BTW have you any plans to have someone on the support team phone in and update us or maybe update the thread on some of the low down stuff while on the rally? I know you plan to phone in regularly, but you know how it goes.

Dont forget we will be shouting from the sidelines.

Cheers and ride safe.

Neil
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote