View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #44
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hi Marty,

Thanks for chiming in here. We have not seen this be a major issue, but for anyone who is unsure we always recommend a measurement as a starting place. At the cost of these we usually talk sizing with anyone whos thinking of purchasing.

You are correct the Schuberth will fit a hair small as their medium range ends a CM smaller than the Arai or Shoei at 57 for the Schuberth, vs 58 for the two former lids.

Also you are correct on the shell sizing, if you do not get to the desiered comfort post break-in you can always swap the comfort liner.

As far as your local guy goes, support the heck out of him. I give him a lot for credit for stocking such a high-end product. We 100% have out Philly contingent that supports us locally. The internet is a different animal altogether.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by martys
I picked up a C3 over the weekend at my local dealer. (sorry Anthony, I like helping out my local dealers whenever I can) I'm a solid medium in the Arai's but what really matters is the actual size of your head. I'm 57.5mm. Arai sizes their mediums at 57-58mm, but Schuberth sizes their medium 56-57mm. My C3 is a little snug, but I'm expecting it to pack down after a few days of riding to be just right. According to Schuberth's sizing chart, their large is 58-59 which I know is too big for me. The medium and large use the same size shell so if the medium doesn't pack down enough for me I'll buy a thinner liner and swap them out.

bottom line is measure your head and buy the right size by your head's circumference.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote