View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
error cooled OP
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by intothenew
Maptech has some online historical maps that might interest you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Much appreciated. Your TWVT was a big inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip756
I'm in Roanoke and will volunteer however I can. I used to run off road events for Land Rover Roanoke. Unfortunately my seat time off road on two wheels is limited but I can offer my knowledge and maps (mostly paper) of the trails that can be run in lifted and stock SUV's.
Flip - Thanks for the support. I will definitely look for some help from you. I want this route to be awesome for dual sports and worthy 4x4s. I daily drive an older Land Cruiser that I hope to scout with.

Map Notes:

One of the most helpful tools for this route has been the VDOT County Map atlas. This is a phenomenal tool for us ADVers. It is a huge (blueprint size x 100 pages) bundle of detailed county maps from VDOT that lists every state maintained road. It breaks down roads by surface type which allows me to link Forest Development Roads to lesser know gravel/dirt and scenic roads. I have included some pictures for reference. You can order a copy of this thing for the bargain price of $35 bucks. You can order this with this form: http://www.virginiadot.org/VDOT/Trav...le728_2357.pdf

Check it out:

error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote