View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,545
Lately I ride a little worried about my KLR, since has become more oil eater that before. I need to carry along at least 1Lt for a trip of 600 miles. That has become a lot now, so I’m decided to do the 685 upgrade. I want to ride this bike for at least 7 more years.
So while we make our last stop before get up in the mountains and lose all type of communication (no phones, no nextel, no nada). I decide to check the oil level and is missing more than 0.5 L. after replenish it, I get couple more liters for just in case (what a pain..)

[/font]

But once cleared that minor problem, there we go.
Smelling the changing aroma of the vegetation as we are climbing up, is something so expected but also feels so new every time, that is like if we have never been thru here before.

Feeling how the air gets colder and the warm and sticky one gets behind, feeling how the thin cold air barely enter by my nostrils due to the speed, is something that I love to experiment every time I can. These moments are intense.

Our main inflexion point would be the Village of Rayones NL, Founded back in 1700 under the name of San Miguel de Tasajal
Later in 1851, was renamed after the three brothers Ramon, Ignacio and Francisco Rayon, local characters who fought for national independence[/font]

As a side note:
“One of the most important Mexican muralists along with Rivera, Orozco and Siqueiros was Pablo O'Higgins. American painter who lived in Mexico and brought much of his work to our country. It was here in Nuevo Leon, where he met Maria de la Fuente, a native of RAYONES, whom he married and lived the rest of his life. Both spent time in Rayones, instead he chose to rest forever. RAYONES still keeps the memory of the passing of Mr. Paul for his landscapes.”

Pecas in the background, smelling the PILON RIVER

Andres was having trouble with some slippery paved curves, so needs to catch his breath...

we found out that inside the mayor office is the only place you can get nextel signal

moutain of NOON (medio dia), this name is due that the mountain projects a vertical shadow during the morning and exactly at noon, the shadow is gone. And is a very exact clock indicator of the noon time for all the Rayones inhabitants

the 1700 origins church, did collapsed with "ALEX" storms

a tipical street

now is time to get our supplies for the night..

the grocery store owner was really nice and gave us few tips for the road, where to camp, what to see, what road take for our route (which we could not follow so precisely.. )

ok, lets move on...

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 11-11-2010 at 10:51 AM
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote