View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #228
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by spick
Sorry if I sound a little stunned, but what's the Tell Tale lamp?

Glad to hear you have it sorted.

I imagine why folks aren't running LEDs more prominently is that they haven't been fully tested in a rally environment? That and products are only coming to market now. I just noticed that Trail Tech is now offering some aux LED lights when looking over their site today. Hopefully as they become more mainstream the prices will come down too.

A friend of mine picked up one of these to use as a supplemental night trail light instead of going upgraded stator and lamp route. He's very happy with the performance of the light, it kicks out a lot of bright white light, and you can't beat the price.
That does look good value - and yes, a lot of enduro and trail riders in the UK are starting to use Helmet lights to supplement the bike lights, and it's particularly useful as it lights where you look...

The tell-tale was basically just a dash board warning lamp that illuminated when the switch to the relay was made - although the switch circuit is just a low power feed to the relay, I guess putting the current through the light too was too much? it never went out though? Anyways... it seems to be sussed now...

I really like the idea of LED lights (especially as there is no bloody ballast box to try and find a spot for on a crowded Nav tower!) - and I've had gone for a Vision-X 10W lamp if Touratech hadn't come up with the goods on a Micro DE Xenon...

I've seen the Trail tech auxiliary HIDs with the built-in ballast, but have seen a number of reports of people have had those fail? Like you say, LED is probably going to be the way to go in future...

J x

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 11-14-2010 at 02:55 PM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote