View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #238
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
I know your HID is supposed to be 35W but some of them use quite a bit more. And even if 35W is accurate, I doubt that your 100W electrical system will be able to put up with everything at once. 35W HID + 35W main light + 25W or so for the fan (that's what the Spal fan on my KTM draws) + 5W tail light + a few watts for the navigation gear. And don't forget that the ignition of the bike draws quite a bit as well!

It just doesn't add up, so I would definitely make both lights switchable and only run a single one (or none) as default.
Hi Lukas - I agree with you, especially when my stock stator is 120W...?! However, Trail Tech say they have supplied load of these kits to people building rally bikes out of converted enduro machines (Patsy Quick included), and they haven't had any problems...

Their spec says 100W at idle... I'll see how much juice there is at 5000rpm as Billy suggests, and report back shortly...

I really appreciate everyone taking an interest, particularly at this late stage...

J x
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote