View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #246
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,019
Right, quick update - I now have just three days to get everything together before I head down to Desert Rose Racing (my assistance team), fit a new set of tyres, and the bike heads to Le Havre for scrutineering and then shipping to Buenos Aires...

Then the next time I see it will be two days before the start!

Finally my Meca'system brackets have arrived to mount my new fender:

Those of you with eagle eyes will notice it is very similar to a KTM adventure fender, ahem, and is indeed the same set-up I have on my Rally Tenere. The JVO kit comes with a very nice carbon fibre lower fender (pretty much like all the bikes use if running a low fender), however, I wasn't that impressed with it's mountings and the vibration I got, or indeed the tyre clearance...

The way and height Meca'system mount the KTM fender (which has additional bracing behind the forks as well of course) I prefer. I also think the black fender will look great with the new colour scheme of the bike...

Having fitted the fender mounts, it also meant I could fab up my 'definitive' IMO sensor mount, which I'm really pleased with, and have been able to finish off the wiring and wrapping:

Yep, there is a lot of gear on that Nav tower now!

I have also had an 11th hour brainwave regarding the aerial mounts - there was no real space above the instruments now the Speedocap is fitted - details to follow once I've been in the shed a little longer.

There is also the need to stick a few more miles on the spare bike, before I absolutely have to strip it down this afternoon/evening, get the valves checked, and start packing everything away. Fortunately the weather isn't looking too shocking today, so I'm wrapping up warm and heading off out right now!

I don't see a lot of sleep happening in the next few days...

J x
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote