View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #62
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred flintstone
Total single track noob here, and relatively new WRR owner...
Been looking at HDB handguards & mirrors. I kind of don't want to get into fat bars yet (keep stockers). Is that stupid or what? If it is not, then can I get a twin powerlet top clamp with the stock bars? Not clear from the order page. Does someone have the measurements for the top clamp handy for the WRR?
Hi AJ,
I didn't see any response to your questions, but maybe some PMed you. If not, I'll answer on the thread in case some else was curious as well. For the WRR, you'll want the regular HDB handguards, not the Ultimate handguards. The Ultimate guards are even bigger and beefier and the regular will be plenty for the WRR (even the regular HDB handguards are way tougher than most handguards on the market).

The top clamp bolt pattern for fatbars is 100mmx40mm. If I recall correctly the top clamp bolt pattern for the stock and/or 7/8" bars was 33mmx100mm. If you want the powerlet top clamp, you have to get fatbars since it is only available in fatbar bolt patterns (100x40mm for the WRR). Keep in mind that Paul can get you the fatbars and tap them for you so they'll be ready to install and it all get shipped together from him. That's is what I did. And realize that fatbars still have 7/8" bar ends, so all your stock controls slip right on.

If you want to read a bit more on the top clamp and regular HDB handguards (not the Ultimate handguards), you can check out the following thread. It just happens to have several different WRR in it as well: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544037

Chadx screwed with this post 01-04-2011 at 08:06 AM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote