View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #73
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR_ski
Mark,

Thanks for all the info. FJR is a great bike and it was a good bike for my trip to Alaska. I only ran into some gravel parts on the Alaska Highway. Regards to my trip out East, I will omit taking Trans-Labrador Highway.

Last question, what are some of the must see things and must visit roads out east?

Thanks.
My advice would be to take Rt 138 along the northern shore of the St Lawrence from Quebec City to Baie Comeau, then take the ferry from Baie Comeau to Matane and ride around the Gaspé peninsula hugging the coastline. Another option would be to stop once you get to the town of Gaspé (the southern part of the peninsula is not as good for riding -- you basically just pass through a lot of small towns) and take Rt 198 and 132 west to Sainte-Anne-des-Monts and then take Rt 299 south through the interior of the peninsula -- really beautiful road.

Then you could cross into New Brunswick and head down to Cape Breton, ride the Cabot Trail, and if you desire, take the ferry from Sydney to Newfoundland.

Blaster, I'll keep you guys in mind. I've ridden the Trans-Lab the past two years and I was going to do something else next fall, but if I can't find any riding partners maybe I'll join up with you guys. For the record, I'd be riding a Tiger 800 XC with TKC-80s, do not have any helmet communication, prefer to camp, and could do two weeks.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote