View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #29
yamafitter OP
Old Cranky Guy

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolesaz
Yamafitter, some questions on this day from the guy sitting at work following the spot track all day long.

Did you guys do a river cross in Batopillas, the tracks loo ked like you did. Sort of looked like river cross practice.
We crossed a bridge coming into town at the end of the first day. we rode along the river for a piece (see video at start of Day 2 post) when backtracking to the gas pump. Due to resolution of the SPOT it may have looked like we crossed the river but did not.

Quote:
Why so late out of Bato?
We had to fix the leak in the gas tank of Scott's 530 KTM as reported at the start of the Day 2 post. We lost maybe 90 minutes. We were also late finishing breakfast and getting gear loaded on the truck.

Quote:
Don posted a pix of a cable car. Is that how you got the Spot track in the mountains south of Bato?
The SPOT was on my bike the entire trip. I have a second generation SPOT that has a much stronger transmitter to get a signal out than the Gen 1. Just like my Gen 2 FJR is far superior to a Gen 1

Quote:
Did the truck / trailer follow the bikes over the Urique river crosses?
The truck went everywhere we did which was amazing. Especially down the decent into Chinipas.

Quote:
The google earth overhead image where you had the military encounter has a lot of "crops" growing around it and a rather large dirt airstrip, which I believe you rode down the next morning. Wrong place at the wrong time, eh?
The military had been informed there were strangers in town and they don't come any stranger than Don.

Quote:
Is the motel San Isidro near any town? From overhead, it looks like a large place out on it's own.
The motel was very close to Mesa de Arturo, maybe 15 minutes.

Quote:
Inquiring minds want to know.
Hope this clears some things up for you.
yamafitter is offline   Reply With Quote