View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #78
F650Dakar_Norway OP
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally
Mmmmh, for me theese parts on the pic are looking not so nice !

Also how he put the db killer ( it 's the oem part from KTM to reduce the horsepower delivered with the original rally kit ) on the exhaust is not looking like a good ingeneering. I mean this bike costs a lot of money, so it would be nice to put some good and beautifull parts on it.
That's not the original KTM DB-killer. They're actually useless for sporty riding and with a tiny 22mm opening. Steve made those himself from scratch ( as he mentions earlier ), didn't rejet it and runs his bikes a little rich.

As for the supporting struts on Steve's bike; I think functionality is king. I don't race this bike and couldn't care less about "the minor beauty details". If it's solid and can allow me some luggage - that's my baby.

This weighs more heavily towards a dual-function supporting strut that allows me to strap on the GL Coyote saddlebag and have peace of mind when riding trails up in the Norwegian or Swedish mountain or woodland eldorados sans the hiccups of a tail breakage

@Cummo: Thanks for the pics of the new alloy reinforced tail-box. What does it cost? And where did you get those CF tank guards?
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100

F650Dakar_Norway screwed with this post 11-24-2010 at 08:04 AM
F650Dakar_Norway is online now   Reply With Quote