View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #83
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway
That's not the original KTM DB-killer. They're actually useless for sporty riding and with a tiny 22mm opening. Steve made those himself from scratch ( as he mentions earlier ), didn't rejet it and runs his bikes a little rich.

As for the supporting struts on Steve's bike; I think functionality is king. I don't race this bike and couldn't care less about "the minor beauty details". If it's solid and can allow me some luggage - that's my baby.

This weighs more heavily towards a dual-function supporting strut that allows me to strap on the GL Coyote saddlebag and have peace of mind when riding trails up in the Norwegian or Swedish mountain or woodland eldorados sans the hiccups of a tail breakage

@Cummo: Thanks for the pics of the new alloy reinforced tail-box. What does it cost? And where did you get those CF tank guards?
Look, nearly the same:

Tail reforcement: It is not the beauty what i mean, it is may be a very well cnc or welded piece of metall, like form follows function because also the rear tank is a art of work for me and i like to have good materials on my bike so i don't have to think about it when I`m off road riding.
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote