View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #75
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
Got some Rest..... Complete the Ride. --- Last Monday 11/22

Continuing south bound on rt 29 just south of "Hanging Rock" off Rt 50.

Your not in the City anymore. This is the "hinterland". Largely untraveled by most and taken for granted by the locals. But on a motorcycle, the views the smells, the experiences speak for themselves.

Official Appalachian mode of transportation!
Liberty Gas Station in the community of "Del Ray". Stopped here and gassed up Kira, coffee and a sticky bun. This is during "Deer" season, and the clerk said that they checked in nine that morning.

Like I said the roads and the views from the seat of a bike are like you are perusing a museum of incredible masterpieces!

Original Rides from Classic Stables are found in abundance!

Clean lines, Looks great, very efficient, No Frills, Only One HP

Like many other areas around this region there is a lot of history. Most of it has been forgotten, except for those who live near by who take it for granted. For example:

Attention all you fishermen! Take notice of the sign behind the sign!

All the great highways and freeways that more efficiently, and more rapidly take us from point "A" to point "B" that rob us of this kind of travel? Just a thought! Maybe there is something to be said for the long way round as opposed to the shortest.

"WARNING!" VIEWING THESE PICTURES MAY CAUSE YOU TO AVOID MAJOR HIGHWAYS AND FREEWAYS. EXTREME CAUTION SHOULD BE TAKEN!

Now here's a ride!
Pretty impressive "Specs"!

The Starter is definitely "Old School", and could prove to be a little challenging!

Awesome Rims!

Powerful lines

Riff screwed with this post 01-05-2011 at 08:48 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote