View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #84
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,949
All the while in the back of my mind I was trying to think of ways to make this more of pure 950 dirt bike. I found a used 950 SE tank and started down that road.

I was surprised at how different the 950 SE and 950 ADV frames were. Geometry wise, they are the same from what I could see, but all the tabs and mounting points for stuff were way off.

I'd also need a new radiator, oil tank, engine mounts, sub-frame......the list goes on.

I could make new tabs for everything and an oil tank and....., but that would take more time and I wanted to keep the work load down a little bit. I had enough to do as it was. This first build is to prove out the idea.

I decided to work with what I have on hand at this time and look at the 950 SE next.

Digging through the box of parts, I assembled the gear box, carbon fiber slipper clutch, and drive shaft. Possitioned them in the frame like they would be on the 530.

Chain cover installed to help visualize how this would look.

I didn't like how far it stuck out on top. It would rub on your knee and push your leg out on the left side. Time to start moving things arounds. Always thinking "How am I going to hook this up to the head tube?"

I can't move it in any farther because the carbs are in the way.
So the gear box it too thick, need to modify this a little bit.

cjracer screwed with this post 11-26-2010 at 08:51 AM
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote