View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla
Could be a couple of things
if its hard turning I agree the valves are tight. go to Husaberg.org and look up 1/8 turn valve adjustment. been doing it this way since 2001

I have a 05 550 and it was always hard to start bit it was fuel issue.
see if I can look up some jetting I did. works for me from 9000 ft to the coastal range but centered for here at 4500

I still love this bike. I need to save my pennies and send the legs to Trailtrick. my 690 is damn near perfect
btw there are a couple of older brand new bergs in Reno at NMS prretty cheap.
Thanks for the responses Bob and Brucifer!

The guy I bought it from seemed scared of it and that's why the hours are low. I rode it for about 20 minutes before putting it in the garage and it ran like a scalded animal no doubt but the fueling is all wrong. It started really hard hot or cold and the choke didn't seem to matter much

I checked the valves and the exhaust was pretty tight and the intake was close. I bought the JD kit for it but I would be interested to hear your take on jetting Bob. My plan is to run it on the lake this winter, so I need to get my ass in gear and get her sorted. I owned a 570 and I didn't like it nearly as much as the old Chassis. Not sure why but the old chassis it feels more stable and it slides better than any other bike I've ever had