View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #97
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim
This all sounds very interesting. And very timely.
I have taken my 07 1200GS to 2 shops already to try to fix the 'lumpiness', most noticeable when the engine is warm and in the lower end of the rpm range and at idle. Feels as if the motor is being strangled somehow.

To date they have tried 3 solutions:
swapping out the oxygen sensors for known good ones - didn't work;
cleaning the 'gum' out of the throttle bodies - no difference;
installing a new version of the ECU 'firmware' - some improvement but still not as smooth and free running as I'd like.

My next step was going to be to buy a PC. My local dyno guy says he can do a map for each cylinder, which sounds like what is needed if the hex head motor is, in fact, fuelled and sparked like 2 engines.
That's what the ECU does, but it isn't how it should be. If you get a PC, tune both cylinders the same.

Poolside, you mention that the CAN BUS version of your 'solutions' are further down the track. Like how far?
We're developing the device for the 1200 CANbus over the winter, and it should be ready for spring. Maybe sooner.

The first product, the one we're working on now, is designed to improve the low RPM symptoms you described, on the 1100/1150/1200. It will be finished in about three weeks. When that happens we'll put up a thread in the Vendors forum.

You're having problems with a lumpy idle too? A device for that is also scheduled. It may get slotted in over the winter.

The development work for all the devices will be posted here. In a few days I should have a production example of the first product in hand.

At that time I'll post up a description of the products, and a timeline for development.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 11-29-2010 at 09:32 AM