Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #156
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,925
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo View Post
SafariBerg, Troy
How have these rear tanks held up in so far as maintaining their shape in the heat/sun? Any issues with them changing shape/growing/becoming difficult to mount again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
With regards to the REAR tanks you enquire; Safari/Aqualine make rear subframe tanks for the EXC, WRF, CRF and now FE Husa bikes, similar in principle to those pictured above. All are around the 8 to 10 liter mark there abouts and mount away from any direct heat source (an aluminium/carbon slip on sliencer generates nowhere near the heat of an engine). As such there is nowhere near the weight/heat factors placed on these tanks and as yet; I am not aware of any major expansion/fitment problems... but SafariBerg (who has run them on his team bikes at the 2009 and 2010 Australian Safari's) will be able to give some more detail.
yeah as Troy mentions we have now used them since Safari 2009, a bit under 50,000km all up, we have had no issues with any of the tanks changing shape etc front or rear and have swapped them between bikes a number of times. I think given the couple of major crashes that have occured that the tanks are very destructo proof, the mount brackets also are top quality. A couple of the tank sets this year did last year as well so individual tanks now have around 10,000km on them and I would happily use them for the next couple of years