Thread: The "TART"
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #70
Bell47Pilot
MonkeyButt

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
I got your "sicktrons". Mike take a bulb out of the signals, go to Auto Zone and get the Led replacements. They only sell the plug and play kind and are a lot brighter and save watts/amps. I replaced my rear ones I think it was $4.50 a bulb. I put GSXR flat LEDs on the front and secured then on the cowling on either side of the headlight. Works great.
You can keep the rest of those sicktrons Charlie! I got enough! The time my voltmeter LED goes red is when the rad fan is on and I'm idling for a bit with my lights on. I just turn the headlight off till the light turns green. I'm idling around 16-1800 rpm so it's not from a low idle. The LED goes orange when I get above 3K rpm and I don't have a clue if that's too high or too low on the voltz either.

The led signal bulbs sound like a great idea. My old bulbs are rusted in place. Prolly ought to stop letting the pig waller in the river crossings........
Ride On
Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010 #1
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the
boundary of disaster. (Sterling Moss)
Bell47Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote