View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #80
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
I understand completely, Gallow. Where you are, I once was.

I loved my KLR. Put 17,000 hard miles on my '05. Covered half the continent. Even rode it in a 200 mile Enduro against a field of orange! (Ozark200).

It was extremely modified and near bulletproof. I actually never intended to get rid of it. Then, I rode the F800 demo at Falling Leaf Rally in Potosi, MO in October. And....well....it was kind of like this:

My 30 minute test ride kind of turned into a 3 hour test ride.

I ran it through the paces in the twisties, dirt roads, & some hardcore 2-track with rocks and logs. She just ate it up and spit it out...begging for more. I took my KLR back thru the same paths later that day, and it was a slam dunk, no contest. The F8 was better performing in every category!

At the least, its equal to what a KLR can do off-road (which is a lot more than most people think), and WAY better on the road. Comfort, wind protection, 85 HP, and superior handling geometry. Last but not least: REAL BRAKES!

THIS is the bike I will ride to Alaska and back.

I thought it would be on my KTM 950.....nope.

I thought it would be on my KLR.....nope.

Even considered it on my Goldwing.....nada.

All sold (and KLR traded) for the F800. She's got some rough edges to sand and some ergo adjustments to make, but I think this is The One. I may have finally found IT.

Probably doesn't push everybody's button. But it sure engages mine.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote