View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #61
Trout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodenbarr View Post
A good set of crashbars and a can of black spraypaint ;)

Because with a 30" inseam and a 450lb dirtbike, you're going to tip it sometime. Take lots of pictures of it when it's new and not dinged up!
True.

I'm 5'10" - ~30 inch inseam. I'm riding with a Renazco seat. I asked them to keep it close to stock height, but I got mine back and it's probably close to 2" taller. Anywho... Whatever. With the right windscreen it's comfortable on long stretches of slab so I haven't complained. I haven't fallen over at a stop, but I have had a couple of close calls. With an 18" wheel on the rear with tall knobbies I have to half ass it at a stop. And the bike has to be on the side or center stand for me to get on it without feeling like I'm going to drop it. I'm sure working on my own flexibility would help...

Anyway... my crashbars tell the story. Banged to hell and repainted several times. Deep inside she knows I love her - we've been to some beautiful places together.

YMMV