View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #58
davidmc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Ok, so I got my new ROX risers installed the other day. No problem with the stupid male torx bolts. The 2008 GS has different size torx bolts in the front and the rear of the handlebar clamp. I ended up using a 8mm 12pt wrench on the small ones and a 3/8" 12pt wrench on the larger ones. The 8mm was a better fit, but I was able to torque the bolts down no problem.

I had to reroute the throttle cable under the bars, no way it was going to work stock. Easy job, just opened the housing, used a small flat head screwdriver to pry the cable and knob out of the throttle tube and it came right out. Simple.

I also dropped the fork tubes to route the lines and wires in front of the triple clamp but I didn't like this. The angle on the brake and clutch lines was too much and the lines & wires rubbed against the fairing. I was able make the stock configuration work, although the lines are pretty tight at full lock. I don't ride much at full lock anyway so I don't really think this is an issue.

Installed, the ROX risers are solid. No way these things are going to rotate. The position is great, I like 'em. Although I will say this...2" doesn't sound like much, but the difference in position is drastic. These risers will make a huge difference and the adjustability is really nice.

Here are my pix:

davidmc is offline   Reply With Quote