View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 AM   #99
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I'm 6-3 and 240#'s and I have really long legs and arms. I currently own a 400 EXC, a 550 Berg and a Super Enduro. Of the three, I feel the most comfortable on the Super Enduro and tend to do all my D/S riding on it.

So the big question is, will the new Berg hold up to a good hard beating and still perform over the long haul? I'm far from an expert rider, but I do enjoy a spirited ride and I ride the local MX tracks a lot. Any other tall folks out there with good riding experience that can offer some real world advice. Opinion is nice, but nothing beats real world experience.
I'm 6'3", 220 lbs and have a 34" inseem. In general, I like KTM's (had a 450exc and 950A, and I still have a 250exc) because of their tall-guy ergos. My 570 has the tallest Hard Parts handlebar risers and the bars are in the most forward position. With just that modification, the ergos feel good to me.

Regarding how the bike holds up, I have 112 hrs on mine and it doesn't use an once of oil between changes (ranging from 15-22 hours). The valves haven't needed any adjustment yet. I've ridden it in some pretty rough terrain: some of the hardest trails around here and in Colorado. It's a great bike!
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote