View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #24
Schtum
Free Genie

Oddometer: 1,899
Gordon Bennet....! You Americans don't half get dressed up for the simple act of riding a motorcycle. (Please remember that we Scots do irony and sarcasm in a big way..... )

It depends whether I'm going to ride the VFR or the GS.

VFR800: Winter Kit
Arai Signet/e with Gore-Windstopper balaclava
Hein Gericke Voyager Gore-Tex Jacket and Trousers with Hiprotec armour in shoulders, elbows, knees.
Knox KC2000 back protector.
Belstaff Thermo Sport gloves with Bob Heath V-Wipe. Silk undergloves.
Altberg Clubman Classic boots with Thorlo Winter Mountaineering socks or similar. Wicking sock liners.
Base layers are a variety of long sleeved wicking tops and long johns, including Patagonia and knitted Nomex. Helly Hansen or REI boxer shorts.
Mid layers include REI Polartec Powerstretch zip neck and Rohan fleece with
Outlast PCM.

GS1200: Winter Kit
As above except for Arai Tour X Motard with Oxford Huff and Coolmax balaclava.
Hein Gericke Voyager suit as above but with the addition of a Gore-Tex North Face Mountain Jacket shell in extreme conditions.

VFR: Summer Kit
Arai Signet with Coolmax balaclava
Corner two piece black / silver leathers (Corner is an Italian brand & the colour matches my Arai Signet/e) c/w hard armour at elbows, shoulders and knees. Knox KC2000
Base layers are various wicking T shirts and Helly Hansen Boxer Shorts or REI cycling underwear.
Belstaff Dri-Sport gloves or RST race gloves.
Sidi Vertebra boots (in black and silver, of course)

GS Summer kit.
Arai Tour X with black visor / Scott Moto X goggles & Coolmax Balaclava.
For street use and commuting, either my HG Voyager suit without the lining or a 3/4 length belted leather motorcycle jacket and HG leather trousers both with full armour or HG Voyager jacket and leather jeans. All with Knox KC2000. Various wicking base layers.
Off road / DS use, Belstaff Adventure Jacket and pants or HG leather trousers, all with full hard armour. Knox KC2000.
Various wicking base layers inc boxer shorts.
Gloves.....I must get some proper off-road gloves, might pick some up in Ca. in July.
Boots are Sidi Flexforce SRS.

I must have missed something out.....
Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote