View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #105
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
Start switch, head light/kill switch, thats it for stock controls on the 2010. Depending where you are, and your state requirements, you'll need a turn signal switch, which has high/low beam control, horn switch, and a horn, turn signals, and mirror, draw backs are new switch gear does not have a kill switch. What I have on mine is the high/low, horn, turn signal switch, which has the horn wired as the kill switch. What I've found was that just buying the turn signals and switch doesn't get you everything, you'll still need a wiring harness to connect the signals to the switch and power. You will not have a key, no big deal, but just thought you'd like to know. Here in Kentucky things are much easier, since you don't even need turn signals, I put them on because I wanted them, also, buying a KTM/Husaberg makes it even easier since the MSO looks like like what you'd see on any other street bike, mine did NOT say off road only. If you want to make things easy, buy the 2011. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks Ink! According to the dealer, the 2010 title reads "off road" , which makes it a bit more of a pain. We don't need turn signals in VT but I'll need them for Rallymoto events. Do you have a picture of the 2010 controls? Is it the good old European CEV Switch?