Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
He is out, Ze Heilo is riding his bike, bummer for Fretigne

BUT a big WOOOOHOOOO for Ze
from google translation from the bike mag: " moto verte"

News Fretigne

Convalescence Express David Fretigne who still hopes to participate in the Dakar 2011. Decision on December 23. © JM Pouget

Seriously injured in the Morocco Rally, David Fretigne is since October convalescing. He gave us some news on his health and his chances to participate in the Dakar 2011.
Mainly affected the vertebrae and ribs, neo-BMW driver had to support three full weeks of immobility. But since mid-November, he started his rehabilitation at the center of Perpignan Présports with the help of his coach Christian Millet. Despite the seriousness of his wounds, calcification of his ribs was fast, which allowed him to regain some mobility. Under the eye of Dr. Christian Fournols, it has started swimming, bike room and forced himself on several sets of pumps each day in addition to long sessions of physiotherapy. "These days I found my strength almost before the crash. I'm as much of pumps!" We said No. 3 of the Dakar 2010.

Decision on December 23
Yet if his ribs do suffer more, the affected vertebrae are currently weak, especially at the apophyses not yet fully rewelded. The decision whether to participate in the Dakar 2011 has been postponed to 23 December. "From my side, I am confident. I'm all for it, " concluded David recovered more than ever.
JMP
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote