View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #92
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Thx flrider1..If you finish it post the link, I'd love to read it.
I am thinking about taking the auto train from va to florida in Feb and riding down to key west and basically just enjoy warmer weather for a week. Call it the I Hate Winter Tour. An auto train tips to pass on?
The process for the train was very simple and they are very efficient. I would watch them tie the bike down, kept me from worrying about it. Keep in mind that you will need to haul onto the train everything thats not locked up. We had everything in three bags inside the panniers and top case so it was easy, but the riding gear takes up a lot of room. Locked my helmet in the top case but had to cart hers on the train. Spring for at least the roomette, coach would have sucked I think. It has two seats that face each other then they fold down to into a bunk with a drop down bunk in the overhead. They spoil ya pretty good, each car has an attendant, they turn down the bed and everything for ya. Meals were awesome. It is well worth the money and for the limited time we had it allowed us a lot more time to play up in the mountains. Basically covered overnight what would have taken almost three days to ride. The link below, No planes, 1 Train, 2up, is the start of the RR. Couple of pics from the train are there. Give me a shout, PM or email if you head this way. You can't ride to Key West without being within 3 miles of my house!!! I am 3 miles east of the intersection of Palm Drive and US-1 when you come down off the Florida Turnpike. Its the last stop light before you leave mainland Florida and head into the Keys. We are thinking about an early February trip to Key West ourselves. We go very regularly!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote