I got some more bits tonight and started on the brakes for the machine!
I patiently sat down and started to work with some thin cardboard, scizzors, ruler, level and a marker
This is what I have come up with! I am going to make it out if 10mm plate and add 3mm under the footpegs.
Here is a rough mock up of how things will look after I make up the plates The original foot pegs are mounted on 1/2 inch plate and are so bad in looks and design that they will not grace the pages of this build. They have to be spaced out so far to allow for enough room around the motor.
I collected the front brake master and slave cylinder today as well as a set of renthal tapered bars to replace the skinny 7/8 bars. Haven't mounted them yet because I need to get some bolts for the mounts. I have been searching through my spare barts bin and found a cluch lever of an old Pusskvarnah which will do the trick on the build up.