View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
KeithTurk OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Honda 550x4 to Mexico

Well I've finally got the time to play with this... it's winter and the ride's long been over.... the pictures are here.... I'm here and I'll invite some of my butthead buddies along for the ride...

What we have here is a failure to plan .... or a plan to fail.... I'm not sure which... but we're going to have fun.... we're going to drink, carouse and generally blow off a bit of steam.... Or not... and we'll have an exercise in mechanical mayhem... We know the truth since the trips long been over... but we'll let it unfold for you as it happened.... Basically it's going to be 4 idiots riding to Mexico from Southern Alabama and back sorta....

The Back story...... As a heavy smoker ( 3-4 packs a day ).... I'd got on a bike and rode for 3 days to quit.... I came home without the habit... but the addiction was brutal.... one of the things I'd promised myself is that if I made it 1 yr without a cigerette I'd treat myself to another bike trip .... but one of epic proportions.... something serious... like Belize or some silly poop.

So the bike....well... I had this cool little 550 Honda that I'd been whittling on and it was more then adequate for running around town and showing my ass...... hell got to the point that I really liked the stupid little thing....reliable fun... light wieght... and kinda sexy....( oh come the hell on... I'm telling this story... ) So anyway.... Since it was old... I should get me a parts bike....

What ya think.... continue?
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote