View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
KeithTurk OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Okay now I have an issue..... I've got 2 decent running 550's and genuinely need a Parts bike.... ... I mean come on... the damn parts for these things are selling for more then i can buy a bike for.... shoot.... Hmmmm

Back to E-bay,... what to find... what to find....... Okay now this is to weird... but there is another baby poop brown 1976 Honda right here in Lovely Downtown Alabama.... well actually it's up North in some little hick town just off the interstate...not more then 50 miles off as I recall... but pretty close to the middle of nowhere.... or at least you could see no where from there.....

225 bucks later I'm the High bidder and WINNER.... ( did ya hear that Honey... I won it.... I won the bid.... ) ( this to the sound of a ratcheting shotgun )....

Look I need a parts bike and the color even matches...

So I go up there to pick up my favorite new 550 honda parts bike.... This to supply the 2 550's that I already have.... and I meet this guy.... Long hair hippy type guy ... but he rides Motorcycles.... you know... them 2 wheel things with handle bars and such...... Oh and he's loading up a trailer with 3 of his closest friends .... and it's STUFFED full of bikes.... all kinds of bikes... this biker type dude... well surely he's not wait a minute... you ride them WHERE???

Yep... it is Guzzi Doug who has become RTW DOUG on here ( Round the world Doug ) ( the Harley chopper and the Indian... so on... ).... he's selling me this clapped out 550 Honda that really isn't much to look at.... but Hey.... it's a parts bike... how good does it have to be... ( I'm not sure it had Carb's ... but maybe.... anyway) (here's Dougs hang out page if you've not seen it... he's got a bazillion more but this is a cool thread ... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516355 )

So I get it home and start to whittling on it... and within a couple of days it's running like stink.... I mean this thing while not as pretty it is every bit as Disco Bitchen as those first two.... Yep... I've got 3 count them 3 550 Hondas.... Hmmmm

Your Hero, to wife.... " No sweets ... I have no idea... but I need them... Please Put the Gun DOWN "....

I'm not going to bring it up this week.... but " Honey... I really need a Parts bike"..... Hmmm

Here's Number 3 you can tell cause it's got a 4 into 1... and sounds Bitchen ... ( you can hear it can't you? )

KeithTurk screwed with this post 12-21-2010 at 04:38 PM
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote