View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
KeithTurk OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
On this first day of departure we had my normal riding partner Willie Fisher hanging out with us for the first half of the day.... matter of fact Willie rode with us several hundred miles and bought our lunch at a really cool road house cafe.... but first the trouble started.....

My bike just started slowing down...and since I was leading....everyone else had to slow as well.... we got down a bit and decided to pull over and check it out.....

We were less then 20 miles from our departure... I almost went home and got another bike... but that wasn't the point.... THIS bike was going to make it to Mexico.... PERIOD... hmmm ( at this point I'm very okay with you calling me a dumb ass.... cause the smartest thing I could have done was get a different scooter....but that wasnt' the point then was it? ).... Hmmmm

Basically we did a tank ectomy, pulled the plugs, reset the points and cleaned the filters.... In other words we let it cool down and it was a happy thing....

I just love Steve checking out that plug.... Tell me that don't look like a Hog checking out a wrist watch.... come on... ( I sneak a peek and confirm it's a wrist watch.... Damn that sure is a pretty color....LOL

We really did become quite a team... here we are with Steve doing the first two plugs in the Joe Rocket Jacket and me doing 3&4 in the blue shirt.... Fun stuff...
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote