View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #24
KeithTurk OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Next morning I virtually rebuild the family truckster... points, plugs, carb's, air cleaner, Fuel filters.... so on and so forth....

We load up our junk and head out into the light of day at .... say 1pm... That's ever so slightly later I had in mind.... but hey....we're here and moving....

We're riding along a small causeway and again my POS bike starts acting up.. basically it just won't hold an RPM.. and I'm constantly having to play with the throttle to keep the motor happy and guess at what speed that's going to be.... usually between 60 and 65 but often at 55 or so.... .... it's just a constant battle...

Funny but I can't remember a thing about Dinner that day... hmmm must not have been that great

The whole time I'm on the bike, I'm running my brain about it .... Vapor lock???? Vent issues maybe?...open the gas tank.... nahhh.... how bout boiling gas..... So on and so forth.... the battle continues.... as we ride deeper and deeper into Louisianna and now it's getting dark.... None of us are really crazy about riding at night so we start looking for a hotel.... and find a building that looks just like one....

Somewhere in this day we'd stopped and put new Fuel lines on... as well as several other attempts to fix the junk.... and coming into one intersection I caught Mark on Cafe ole' getting into some Serious Head shake.... he said it was okay but that it was a bit rough when stopping... He's getting into a virtual tank slapper every time he brings it down through 10mph....

Amazing....

KeithTurk screwed with this post 12-22-2010 at 03:26 AM
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote