View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #25
KeithTurk OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
I got up really early that next morning and decided it would be nice to work on someone's bike for once..... I took Cafe Ole' (#1 ) inside by the ice machine where there was light.... and started dis-assembling the steering head or triple tree.... I get down to the neck bearings and realized I could have tightened this junk with everything on.... ( once again paying zero attention to the tree's while focusing on the forest....)

Yep they were loose... and a bit tighter and the bike feels Way better to ride.... and Mark was quite pleased it wasn't trying to pitch him off every time he came to a stop.

You'll notice though that most of the weight here is on the back of the scooter.... Mark is fairly light weight compared to the rest of us....and it's possible that contributed to the issue as much as the loading... You'll also notice Mark is the only one in a proper riding suit... Rain or shine he was ready for it all..the rest of us had to dawn our rain gear if that was going to be an issue....

I shouldn't mention Rain... should I.... Hmmm

KeithTurk screwed with this post 12-22-2010 at 03:53 AM
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote