View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #51
KeithTurk OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Okay we were outta Mexico and not far from Progresso... maybe 30 miles or so in the little town of McAllan....

It was cool to stop really early and to be DONE with that portion of the trip... cause at that point... It was genuinely a big deal to us... All of us...we'd made it to Mexico.... We needed to celibrate... lobster, beer, steak, beer, an early night and an easy rise to the next day...

These bikes owed us NOTHING....Zero, Zilch, Jack Squat... they did what I said they would do... they went to Mexico.... Getting them home.... HMMM Well... yaa Know... Somehow, I'm not sure how.. but my bike heard this...it knew I'd ride bitch and leave it's nappy ass on the side of the road.... so it decided to straighten up and fly right.... Or I'd learned that if I didn't push it past 65mph it was a fairly happy thing..... not really happy...but semi happy...

Steve's rattler is another bike that had been fairly trouble free....( and it sounds bitchen ... ( you can hear it can't you? )).... But this was the day that the tail light/ Brake light decided it'd had enough.... so out in the parking lot behind the hotel we did a "Lens Ectomy" and tried to get the bulb out but it had Issues..... ( Say ISSUES ) Pair of needle nose and a broken bulb later we had the culprit laying on the gound in smitherenes... ... Seems all the rain had gotten in and the water had acutally accumulated above the mid point and shorted it out...... No Kidding... the damn light bulb shorted out under water.... hmm easy fix... small hole in the gasket and a new bulb and away it went....

This was the first night I didn't feel like I had anything for my junk... it was sorta running and pleasant.... and I was clueless.....

I'm going to bring back this picture just to show off my brand new Snazzy Seat cover....it's a Mexican Blanket for my hot rod back home, Notice Paul has one too.... oh...and the picture has a nice shot of my Diet Coke can holder.... which basically was a semi can holder at this point... ( I learned to crush the can and wedge it )...
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote