View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #82
artbone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by empanadaman View Post
I've always lived pretty close to sea level and I've never had to re-jet any of my bikes... so I'm afraid I can't be of much assistance. You might want to try posting your question in the main Thumper forum rather than this thread, as it may get more traffic and thus you may get an answer to your question quicker. Or I could google it for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rejetting+a+2008+xt250
Thanks for the reply empanadaman but I've been a motorcycle mechanic for 35 years. I know how to rejet a bike. I was looking for some specific hints from someone who has rejetted an XT250. I live in Mexico so I have to have everything shipped down here and it always costs twice as much and takes twice as long. If it's the wrong thing, I might as well eat it because of shipping charges and tariffs.

Having said that, I've ordered a jet kit off flebay and, when I get it, will post the results of my experiments. I really like this little bike for the great dirt roads around here and, if I can get the carb sorted, I think it will be a terror on the bumpy, twisty, paved roads.

Art
artbone is offline   Reply With Quote