View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,647
When I got to Huntsville nearly 2 months ago, I did what I always do when I come to a new city; I check out the local motorcycle shops. The first one I stopped at was Midway Cycles in Madison.

As you can see they sell Kymcos and Vespas. They had their Kymco Scooters marked way down. The wheels in my head started turning Or was that the gears in my head grinding? Ever since I rented a Yamaha Riva 125 in Hawaii in the late 80s, and had a blast on it, I thought I would like to get a small scooter some day. For running errands around town, it's hard to beat a small scooter. Saves money on gas and wear and tear on the cage. More importantly it would get me out of the cage and on two wheels.

To make a long story short, I did some research. Kymco has a good reputation and a major scooter manufacturer. They have an extensive dealer network in the US. They probably have more dealers than BMW. I narrowed my search down to two scooters. The dealer prepped and let me ride both. How many Japanese motorcycle dealers would do that? This is what I got.

It's a new 2009 Kymco Super 8 150. Under $2200 OTD including Tax, Tag, and Title.

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote