View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,332
In case you're wondering about the title of this report, 150 is for the number of CCs of my new scooters engine. Full throttle? With only 11 HP (claimed), full throttle will be required to keep from getting run over.

This is my first scooter after having owned a large number of motorcycles so it would be an adventure even if I wasn't exploring a new area.

The first adventure came quicker than expected. When I tried to load it in my truck, it grounded out and got stuck on the top of the ramp. It doesn't have the ground clearance of my dual sport bikes and the angle of the ramp was too much. luckily someone saw my predicament and help shove it into the truck. I have constructed an extension for my 7 foot ramp but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Here it is in the back of my truck.

The next challenge was to ride it while "attempting" to adhere to the recomended break in speed, 40 MPH for the first 600 miles. That ain't gonna happen but at least I tried to keep it under 40 as much as possible until I did the initial 300KM oil change. I did some riding trying to keep it mostly on residential roads near my apartment. I also took some pics.

My apartment is right by a small lake. My first pic was with the lake in the background.

Huntsville has a lot of wetlands and also a large number of birds.

I added the tail trunk to my scooter give it enough storage capacity that I could use it to go shopping and carry a reasonable amount of stuff. It also has storage beneath the seat, although it is not quite large enough for a full face helmet. The tail trunk may look large but that is partly due to the small size of the scooter. It will barely hold a full face helmet.

klaviator screwed with this post 01-07-2011 at 03:35 PM
klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote