View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmove View Post
That is an excellant price for a new Super 8 150. What other scooter did you test ride? I just bought a new leftover Kymco People 150 to keep at our place on the Big Island of Hawaii that we rent out to vacationers.We'll be moving there a little later.Gas prices are a lot higher bthere than in the Seattle/Tacoma area in Wa. State.The dealer, Kisers Motorcycles in Kona was having a sale on the 2009 People 150s, and it was $2390 out the door with everything.The Super 8 (the other scooter I waqs interested in) was abnout $100 more.I won't see my new scooter until Feb. when we are there for eioght days.Since there are no SYM,Vespa,or Genuine Scooters dealers on the Big Island that left Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki and Kymco.I went with the Kymco because the price was better, and they are a quality scooter with a two year warranty, while most others (except SYM-also two years) give only a year.

I like that Super 8, and thought if I got one of those, I would have got a green one just to be different.

Enjoy your new scooter!!

Jon
I initially considered the Agility 125, People 150, People 200 as well as the Super 8. I eliminated the Agility 125 quickly since i didn't fit on it, I'm 6-2 and my knees hit the handlebars. The People 150 was also a tight fit for my size 12 feet and it just had less storage than the Super 8. It was a good deal at $2350 OTD. They had a People 200 for $2550 OTD. I test rode the 200. Very comfortable and more power than the 150s but it handled like crap. It did not like being leaned over - it just felt wierd. Since I love riding fast on curvy roads - the tighter the curves the better, there was no way I was getting the 200. The People 150 does have some advantages over the super 8 and I probably should have tried it but I'm happy with what I got.

So far I really like the way the Super 8 handles. It has fairly wide 14" tires and it feels like a small sport bike. I think the 14' tires are a great compromise between the small wheel 12' and big wheel 16" tires. I also like the brakes, good power and feel, AND THEY ARE NOT LINKED. I DESPISE LINKED BRAKES. I've been taking it easy with the throttle untill I get it broken in so I can't really comment on the power but I suspect I will wish for a little more.

The seat on the Super 8 is fairly hard and not shaped that well. It hasn't been an issue since I haven't taken any really long rides but most likely I will end up modifying the seat.

klaviator screwed with this post 12-30-2010 at 02:55 PM
klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote