View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #29
DougZ73 OP
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingz06 View Post
thats a TALL tail bag
It worked out really well though. I have some Chase Harper saddle bags, but did not want to bring them if I did not need to. I was able to pack my toiletries, netbook, camera stuff, and some misc gear, etc, in the JC Whitney trunk. In the Wolfman dry bag, held all my clothes and layers....which worked out well. Since we were eating on the road and staying in hotels for the two nights, I did not need to have a lot of stuff.

I did a camping and riding trip with some buddies in August, and the one thing we were trying to do was not spend any money for anyything other than gas..so that made for a highly loaded down bike....with all the camping gear and food and cooking stuff.....the bike was very heavy and bulky.

These two attached pics were from that trip. I had the great idea to bring my Hydrapak. It was hot and I wanted to have water while riding. BUT, It was too bulky,actually hitting the trunk and not letting me move at all, so when I met my riding buddies, I moved my gear around. The first pic is before moving things around, and the second after. Seeing these, you can see why I liked the set up for this ride more.
Attached Images

DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote