View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
Brauhausbier OP
Focused

Oddometer: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

There are two kinds of Mikuni TM carburetors. One type meant for two strokes, and another kind meant for four strokes. You've got a two-stroke one. It looks like different companies sell both for the XR600. Maybe that's the reason people have so much trouble tuning them. For the XR400, every company I've seen sells the four stroke version and people all love it (unless they care about fuel economy )

Oh, and you might look into getting the frame powdercoated instead of painted. OregonCoast jsut got his SL frame and some other parts powdercoated by someone in Tillamook and they look fantastic.
Thanks Luke Really think that my Mikuni is the one for 2-strokes? There are some XR's Only parts on this bike, and I was thinking this was the Mikuni FlatSlider carb kit they sell (with the custom linkage for the carb). May have to see if I can find a serial number on that carb tonight. Wierd stuff.

Thanks for the tip on Powder Coating! I'll give OC a buzz and see what's up. I was thinking it would just be too expensive to powder coat and opt for the rattle can.

I'm taking my suspension into Vancover tonight and dropping that off at Promotion Suspensions. MTBDemon reccomended these guys.
http://www.promotionsuspension.com/
Brauhausbier is offline   Reply With Quote