View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #49
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
It looks like it will be another great day in the Rocket City; 50 degrees and mostly sunny. This will be my third day in a row of riding and a great way to start the new year.

First I have some business to take care of. I want to make sure I can get my scooter into the back of my truck. I had built a ramp extender and want to try it out.

I started with 4 pieces of 2 x 4 but had to go to 6 to reduce the ramp angle enough that the scooter wouldn't ground out.

Next on today's agenda, take my DR250 out and see how a motorcycle feels now that I've been riding a scooter.

Here they are side by side:

So I jumped on the DR and headed off. After riding the Super 8, the DR felt big and high effort......and it's only a 250 The super 8 has a much lighter throttle, no clutch, and it's even much easier to get on since I don't have to lift my leg over the seat.

I quickly come to the first speed bump that are all over the apartment complex roads. I can just ingnore it on the DR. A 21 inch front tire and long travel suspension just soak up and speed bumps or even pot holes.

The steering on the DR is much slower than the super 8 and heavier. Thats not to say the DR has heavy steering, it's much lighter than say a 600cc sport bike, it's just heavy compared to the super 8. Of course the DR has much more power, probably between 2 and 3 times as much.

I head straight south and eventually come to the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge.

Just like yesterday, lots of muddy water but no actual sign of wildlife
So I head back. I have errands to run.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote