View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #71
BergDonk OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,108
Did 950 kms over the last 2 days, to Sydney and back via Wollongong. A few trails, but time contraints meant some highway kms too, and that is what the DR can do, as we know.

No play at all in the steering head, so I'll consider it fixed for the time being. Still might fit the Suzi bearing to the bottom though.

I also fitted a new drive side rear wheel bearing in Sydney when I detected some play after thinking a weave was developing. Was fine when I checked it before I left when lubing the chain. 18,000 kms on the original unsealed bearing. Took about 15 mins, and fortunately I had access to a bearing and some tools as I was visiting Frank at Biketek at the time to show him the shock and forks. Fixing it there and then gave me piece of mind for the trip home.

And the reason for going to the 'Gong was to visit KTMatt and collect the prototype bash plate that I had contributed to in a small way by providing my bike for checking pipe clearances with the FMF header. So the first live one on the road is mine, but the prototype. The next one will be a production item.

This was a Christmas present to me from my wife, who loves me

A little noisier than the B&B, but much tougher and protects the feet and pipe too, and has some useful storage space as well. No protrusions on the underside either, completely flat with the mounting system, an excellent design.

Matt assures me that the oil filter can be changed insitu, but the way its mounted means its only 4 bolts to remove, so choices...

Matt is doing some nice work
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=KTMatt

Steve