View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #105
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelionmonster View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, but I managed to sign myself up for a conference in Charlotte NC next April and plan leaving a little early and riding the whole BRP, maybe hit the Dragon and the Cherola Skyway, then head east.

I might hit some weather in April, but I'll risk it.

I think my better half is getting a little pissed with my trip planning and her not being able to go, but maybe in 17 years we'll do the trip with our matching jetpacks.
I would highly recommend that if you are going all the way down to Cherokee and plan to do the Dragon and then a back and forth on the Cherahola that you consider taking SR28 for your ride out of the area. 28 ends right at Deals Gap, it meets up with US129 there. Or you can catch it off US 74 just SW of the Cherokee/Bryson City area. Ride it down through Franklin, Highlands, Walhalla and Seneca and back to I-85 then you can super slab back up to Charlotte. It is an awesome ride. The road is as much fun as the Dragon and it less crowded with many scenic stops along the way. Check out my RR below, BMW School Trip, there are a bunch of pics from along SR 28. You will be very happy with the route.

Enjoy and ride safe still kinda cool up in the mountains in April.
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote