View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #41
moto-treks OP
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,778
Into Nova Scotia

The ferry dropped me off in North Sydney, Nova Scotia and I was able to find a hotel and get a real tasty pizza before darkness. The following morning I took off for the famous Cabot Trail.

The Cabot Trail runs along the north west part of Nova Scotia and through Cape Breton Highlands National Park

Near Aspy Bay you can turn off the main road and take a small detour to Meat Cove, the most northerly settlement on Nova Scotia.

There's not a lot at Meat Cove - I guess they go fishing and handle the tourists that want to see the end-of-the-road.

More Cabot Trail

Riding down the Cabot Trail I ran into Joe and his Scarecrows

This place had 20-30 scarecrows of all different types, so well know figures like Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, members of KISS, etc.
A few years back there was a massacre at the village. Some of the crows still showed signs of the violence or asked for donations to help - strange place.

I had made arrangements to meet fastfreddy so I pushed on down to St John, New Brunswick.

Passing Pitou, Nova Scotia

or just waiting for the rain to stop new Moncton, New Brunswick.

That was the second time I had ever stopped just to let the rain pass. I pulled off just before the downpour and in about 10 minutes, it was done.

FastFreddy put me up for a few nights in St John. We went for a few rides

Stopped off at the local Farmers Market

and then, took off for the US via Dear Island

Thanks for the great time Fred!

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote