View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #42
moto-treks OP
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,768
The push home

I rode down the coast of Maine stopping at a few attractions like, Acadia National Park

before making it to Albany NY to visit my daughter. Years ago, the family and I spend the better part of a day visiting the Gettysburg battle field - something they will never let me forget. So, the next day my daughter had a surprise for me - a visit to Saratoga National Historic Park. Turns out back in 1777, this was the site of a major victory for the US during the Revolution. And, true to form, the east coast folks don't want to forget

gota love those reenactments

I had another "tire" incident in New York. Some of you may remember my experience in California when I stopped at a BMW shop that refused to change my tires because I hadn't purchased them from the shop. Well, it happened again, but this time at a Yamaha shop. What's all this shit about not wanting to mount tires unless you buy the tires from the shop? The next day I stopped off at Max BMW near Troy, New York and after a little sweet taking they agreed to change my tires. Thank you Max, we need more shops like this one

After a few days or RnR I was off to the "family farm" in Indiana.

The actual house my dad grew up in had been torn down, but my cousin Mark had taken up residence and runs a thriving Lama business as well as grows corn and soybeans on his 1,400 acre farm. If you're ever near Crawfordsville and want a Lama, stop by and say Hi.

At this point, I was in a got-to-get-home mood and pretty much rode 800 mile days until I arrived back in Spokane. I did make one stop at the Badlands National Park just east of Rapid City, South Dekota

Well, that's it, my ride to New York via Labrador. While I really enjoyed the trip, I think I'll stay on the west side of the country this year.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote