As for the top mount, I started out with some shoebox card board to make a template. I did a rough cut and then placed it up where they needed to be, drilled the 3 holes and now I have a template.
The orginal mounts are made of 1/4 in aluminium. I happen to have some 3/16 in laying around. It's only 1/16 differant, but I don't see why it wont work. If it does break later I can make new ones.
I traced it out on the plate and took the plasma torch to it (I love that tool).
Cleaned up and installed.
I may drill a hole in the center of the mounts like the factory ones had, but I'm not sure of the purpose of that, so I'll leave it alone for now.