View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #55
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,719
Like I posted earlier, it seemed like a perfect day for a ride.

It is really nice having a garage, saves me the hassle of brushing the snow off of my bikes.

My DR is an old pro at riding in the snow so I pull it out first and go for a ride. First stop is behind my truck for a pic.

Then I ride around some. The DR handles pretty well in the snow. I try to ride in fresh snow as opposed to the tire tracks where the snow has been packed into ice. I find a nice spot for another pic.

On the way back I ask someone (who probably thought I was crazy) to take my pic.

My front tire at the end of the ride.

Now for some real adventure, time to try the Super 8 in the snow

So I pull it out.

And off I go. I think it takes about 50 feet for me to realize that this isn't going to work very well. I go a little further and turn around. There are some tires tracks and icy spots in the tracks. Just turning around is a challenge. Then I have to go slightly up hill to go back. The rear tire just spins and the front tire doesn't want to steer. I have to get off and push. I eventually make it back but I am now sweating. I think I rode about 50 yards. Well, I DID go for a ride and it was an adventure.

Here is the "after" pic.

Anyone know of any 14" knobbies?

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote