View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #63
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,585
Aldtn, thanks for the info, I will check out some of the stuff you mentioned. For now I'm sticking closer to Huntsville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9 View Post
Enjoying your thread. Shows that adventure is a state of mind and can be had most anywhere, if you are open to it. Thanks for sharing.
Adventure can be found almost anywhere if you have the right frame of mind and are willing to look for it. Riding around huntsville is not quite as adventurous as say, 17 easy to moderate miles in N Georgia but it's something I can do during the day and still make it to work at night. Of course trying to ride after a major snowstorm does add to the adventure

Unfortunately, after the initial fun of riding in the fresh snow on Monday, reality, along with very cold temperatures set in. All that fresh snow got packed down and became icy. On Thursday it at least got sunny so I went for a walk and took a few pics.

I was surprised to sea sea gulls so far inland but here they were.

The houses across the lake looked nice with a little white trim.

I wonder if boaters suffer from PBS (Parked Boat Syndrome) or is that BBC (Beached Boat Crying)

Did I mention it was cold? This guy really looks cold.

It was such I Sunny day that I really wanted to go for a ride but decided that there was still too much ice on the road. Friday's forecast was for Sunny and 38 degrees. Looks like I'll be able to do something about my PMS

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote